KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Email Template Macro for Timezone

We have a few accounts with offices in different timezones and I thought it would be helpful to show the timezone on the voicemail email if they forward the email between offices and are trying to figure out what the actual time when the voicemail was received was.

I used the dropdown and added user.timezone but it just doesn't show anything when I left a test voicemail. My full string is: 

{{date_called.local|date:"l, F j, Y @ g:i A"}} {{user.timezone}}

Which when I tested it just now it shows:

Monday, October 16, 2017 @ 8:17 PM

(simply missing the timezone at the end)

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

What is the Kazoo version? For Kazoo 4.0 and older there is no "user" macro set for template. You can use "account.timezone" instead.

For Kazoo v4.1+ the user macro is set properly.

8 minutes ago, hesaam said:

What is the Kazoo version? For Kazoo 4.0 and older there is no "user" macro set for template. You can use "account.timezone" instead.

For Kazoo v4.1+ the user macro is set properly.

I'm on 4.1

We can't use account.timezone because the account has phones in different timezones, so we need to use the timezone of the user in question.

6 minutes ago, Karl Stallknecht said:

I'm on 4.1

We can't use account.timezone because the account has phones in different timezones, so we need to use the timezone of the user in question.

Can you give a sample log from teletype application?

Oh I forgot if you're on 4.1, timezone is also set on "date_called" like "{{date_called.timezone}}". This is the same local timezone which is used to convert the call date timestamp for "{{date_called.local}}".

Timezone value is coming from Voicemail box, if not found from the owner (user) and if not found again then account and then system.

Can you check that you have set the correct time zone for voicemail box or the user?

By the way, do the "{{user.first_name}}" or "{{user.last_name}}"  are present?