Call Recording - When Transferring a Call

FASTDEVICE

I'm trying to understand the behavior of what gets recorded when a call is transferred.  

Based on testing, here is what I observe. 

Call to ext 1001, transferred to ext 1002, then to ext 1003.

Three recordings are created:

1. (combined recording) 1001 + 1002 + 1003
  2. (combined recording) 1002 + 1003
  3. 1003 Only

Is this expected behavior? I see the need for items (1) and (3), but why item 2 the intermediate combined recording and not a separate 1001 and 1002?  

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

@lazedo Thanks for confirming the behavior, but what is the acceptance criteria for having incomplete intermediate recordings? These intermediate recordings seems to have no purpose, increase bandwidth, and take up storage space.  

However, I have a need for:

• The total combined recording would be for the admin of the account
  • and each transfer recording could be provided to the corresponding user. I only want the user to hear the part of the conversation in which they participated.    

I assume that if you have a GUI for users to listen to *their* own recordings you may in some cases want to limit which portions they actually own and not expose recordings of other users.  Perhaps this will show up in User Portal where the user should only have access to the portions of the call where they are actually on the call.

@Logicwrath Precisely our predicament.

We have a GUI that provides recordings at the admin and user level. Admins are able to listen to all recordings while users are restricted to only their conversations. However, we found that users were able to listen to combined conversations when a call has been transferred. I guess we didn't test that scenario expecting users would only receive their leg of the call.  Had to turn off user-level access to recordings yesterday until we can find a solution.  

Additionally, now we have to find and delete these intermediate recordings as they add no value (in our case), but eat up storage space.

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)