KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Conference Welcome Message, API Question

FASTDEVICE

Does anyone know where the conference welcome message media ID is located and how to change it using the API? 

I see when you create a custom message in the UI (SmartPBX) it generates a media file named, "MainConferenceGreeting," but in which doc is this media id associated for the conference to play the media when a member enters the conference?  I've reviewed the /conferences module, but can't seem to find it.

Also, on another related tangent, some of the conference options (i.e. play_entry_tone, and play_welcome) don't appear to work. 

The root of my question here is that I want to disable the welcome message and disable the join tones. 

• 2600Hz Employees

The Main Conference is created using Callflows. We create a callflow using a payload like

"data": {
	"contact_list": {
		"exclude": false
	},
	"flow": {
		"children": {},
		"data": {
			"moderator": false,
			"play_entry_tone": true,
			"play_exit_tone": true,
			"welcome_prompt": {
				"media_id": "137d1a15a17f5123a59d8db653902a95",
				"play": true
			}
		},
		"module": "conference"
	},
	"id": "2236ea09213123ad504e247bcf3213286f",
	"metadata": {},
	"name": "MainConference",
	"numbers": [
		"+14155556689"
	],
	"patterns": [],
	"type": "conference",
	"ui_metadata": {
		"origin": "voip",
		"ui": "monster-ui",
		"version": "4.2-10"
	}
}

The media_id refers to the file you're looking for. You should also be able to edit the play_tone via the "data" parameters. If you find any issues related to conferences, make sure to file a ticket in JIRA with reproducable steps for the UI or back-end to work on it :)