Latest MonsterUI 4.2.x uses service_planner api that doesn't seem to exist

Joe Black

On a new cluster, latest kazoo v4.2.3, Monster-UI v4.2.10, Accounts App v4.2.0, functionally fine other than this small issue:

The latest version of the Accounts app when adding a new account, unsuccessfully makes a call to a service_planner endpoint resulting in an error and ultimately an unusable Accounts app.  Other apps seem fine.

I search the kazoo repo and was only able to find a few references to this searching for "service_planner", mainly in the service_planner.md and cb_service_planner.erl files, none of these are able to be found other than in this commit and referenced pull request.

OK, looks like a new API but there wasn't a branch (including master) or RPM (Tried them all) that I could find the code in, namely cb_service_planner.erl

So, looks like I can't fix this by rebuilding kazoo (even checking out master), so I should have to downgrade MonsterUI to a version that doesn't attempt to use this new API.

At appearance, it would seem the problem lies in the Accounts MonsterUI app, but I was able to trace it down to a MonsterUI core template: servicePlanDetails.js

The commit in the MonsterUI repo where the change appears to be introduced:

It appears after this change, it was also ported back to earlier 4.2.x RPM's because this string appears when grepped for on all 4.2.x RPM's.

At this point I realize the solution either involves surgery or rolling back to 4.1.x so I do that and call it a day to get things working.  This is sad because I would really like to use a more recent version of Kazoo and MonsterUI.

I see it is effectively working on the Kazoo Sandbox (MonsterUI v4.2.10 according to the version string). On there it appears the service_planner endpoint is working correctly too.

Is there a way I can check this out on open-source?  If not, any idea when it might be released in the future?  Also, would copy/pasting the source from github for cb_service_planner.erl work or just asking for trouble?

I'm not asking for support on an undocumented feature, I'm just looking to have Kazoo & MonsterUI 4.2.x able to create a new user through the UI, and to tip you guys off on a possible bug if it ends up being one.

Thanks!

Edited by Joe Black (see edit history)

• 2600Hz Employees

I apologize for the errors you're running into. There has been a misunderstanding between front-end and back-end and we're working on a solution. For now the API are closed and we might open them, but if we don't, we'll have to patch the UI to stop it from erroring out when using these service plans APIs. I realize that this is a pretty big bug so we'll try to come up with a fix shortly.

• 9 months later...