Ring Group with Remote number

Uzair Mahmud

Hi,

I am using the feature find me follow me. I want to have the users main device ring and if its not picked up for 45 seconds then to go to an external number. i am using a pivot script to input an external number through a feature code and then the subsequent creation of a ring group and callflow modification.  This gives the user the impression that they  set call forward on no answer and call forward on busy.

Currently i have to create a new device for the forwarded number and create a new ring group with strategy single, the new device and users own device. Then I add it to users callflow with the call delays set. if a user with the same extension number exists i have to instead find that user and add that user's device id into the ring group.

is there a way i can have the ring group endpoint type be "extension" and add a number (onnet or offnet) instead of linking to a device with the number in it.

• 2600Hz Employees

Is there a  reason not to use the "user" callflow and assign/unassign devices from there as appropriate? Then you can have children of the user callflow action that branch based on the SIP response.

{"module":"user"
 ,"data":{"id":"{USER_ID}"
 ,"children":{
    "sip:404":{
       "module":"resources"
       ,"data":{"to_did":"{FORWARD_NUMBER}"}
       ,"children":{"_":{"module":"voicemail",...}}
    }
    ,"sip:486":{...}
    ,"_":{
      "module":"voicemail"
      ,"data":{"id":"{VMBOX_ID}"
    }
 }
}

I think this would be more robust that managing a ring group (unless you have many users involved?).

You are absolutely right!

Thanks. i did not realize i could use module resources. and then further nest sip response code branching behavior in that. 

This will indeed be more robust. 

However isnt 404 for device not attached instead of someone not picking up the phone though i think i can use " _ " for no answer

Edited by Uzair Mahmud (see edit history)

i tried using cf_resources. i believe it forwards to only external numbers in which case this breaks for internal forward on busy and no answer. 

So far the only way i have been able to get this working with DID and internal extensions is to create an additional device of type cellphone and assign it a number. then i patch the find me follow me callflow  to that users callflow with the additional device as a second device. 

This is only a placeholder till i can figure out erlang (almost there) and the internal functions of callflow app and write a module for it. 

Edited by Uzair Mahmud (see edit history)