KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

do i need a Queue for this?

Tuly

a user wants to have 1 phone and all incoming calls should hear MOH if he is on the phone (doesn't want to get any beeps) when he hangs up with the 1st caller the phone should ring with the next caller, he hangs up with the 2nd caller the phone should ring with the 3rd caller..... 

how would i set that up?

8 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

That is, basically by definition, a call queue, yes.

i was looking in the sandbox call center app but i could not find all the options like if the user should hear a beep -  if the caller should hear "you are the 3rd in line"  -  What interval should those messages play, are the option available in call center?

@Tuly Yea that's definitely a queue. That being said we can kind of fake this same behavior by using a ring group and setting it to play MOH instead of ringing. And to avoid the issue of beeping for call waiting, you can disable call waiting on the phone itself. The only issue with this is you have to create a call flow that indefinitely loops so that if the customer is on the phone it won't just skip it...meaning you can't have voicemail.

2 minutes ago, Karl Stallknecht said:

@Tuly Yea that's definitely a queue. That being said we can kind of fake this same behavior by using a ring group and setting it to play MOH instead of ringing. And to avoid the issue of beeping for call waiting, you can disable call waiting on the phone itself. The only issue with this is you have to create a call flow that indefinitely loops so that if the customer is on the phone it won't just skip it...meaning you can't have voicemail.

but when you have 5 callers in the call flow how can you make sure you will the calls in order? 1st then 2nd? 

FYI the call center does not know when you are on non-queued calls. So if the client is on an outbound call, or if the client receives a direct call, qubical will still try to deliver calls from the queue. To deal with this we disable call waiting. This basically causes the queue to continuously try and fail to deliver calls to the client until they are off the unrelated call. It’s a little less than optimal, but it works

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, extremerotary said:

@Rick Guyton

I believe there is also a parameter when creating a queue, that, if an agent rejects a call, it automatically sets them to away. Again, not optimal, but works. I know that Mark and his team are actively working on giving qubicle more intelligence and visibility into agents being on non-queue calls.

Yea, I've floated that with my clients and it doesn't go over very well for me at least. They complain about having to constantly watch the portal to see if they've been kicked away.

On 11/28/2017 at 7:25 AM, Rick Guyton said:

Yea, I've floated that with my clients and it doesn't go over very well for me at least. They complain about having to constantly watch the portal to see if they've been kicked away.

Are there SPRE codes that can be used to log agents in and out? If not in the UI, is there somewhere else that can be built?

47 minutes ago, Bobby Camisa said:

Are there SPRE codes that can be used to log agents in and out? If not in the UI, is there somewhere else that can be built?

Yea, you can create the call flows with this doc:

https://docs.2600hz.com/qubicle/doc/callflows/cf_qubicle_recipient/

You can't make it with the UI though. You'll need to use CURL or Postman or something.