KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Removing Access to buy numbers from accounts

SPC-Tim

I recently got a client who wants to give customers access to the Smart PBX but would like to remove the ability to purchase phone numbers. I thought taking the Number Manager away was enough but the Buy button still appears within the UI. Any one have an idea how to remove this feature and I just can't find it?

Keep in mind that removing the ability from the UI does not remove the ability from the API.  Anyone who has access to the UI will also have full access to the API.   So it is better to try restrict the API using token restrictions.  Not sure if that is possible or not in token restrictions.

https://github.com/2600hz/kazoo/blob/master/applications/crossbar/doc/token_restrictions.md

Edited by amn (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, amn said:

Keep in mind that removing the ability from the UI does not remove the ability from the API.  Anyone who has access to the UI will also have full access to the API.   So it is better to try restrict it via the API using token restrictions.  Not sure if that is possible or not in token restrictions.

https://github.com/2600hz/kazoo/blob/master/applications/crossbar/doc/token_restrictions.md

@amn

General users don't really know much about API stuff, but the insight is appreciated. Removing it from the UI or seeing if I can lock it out in token may be an option I will investigate it further, But removing the BUY link is the desired solution

6 minutes ago, Tuly said:

Not worried about clients using API, Most of them don't even know what CMD is or even how to download teamviewer😊😊    But they sure know how to go into the Web and start clicking buy numbers....

Maybe I am giving most customers too much credit  B|.  I guess it kind of depends on what kind of customer you are going for .

Be that as it may, restricting in the token will accomplish everything you need to.  UI will probably just throw an error.  

Edited by amn (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Tuly said:

Not worried about clients using API, Most of them don't even know what CMD is or even how to download teamviewer😊😊    But they sure know how to go into the Web and start clicking buy numbers....

Ditto. I'm shocked at how many people can't just go to our website /help and click "allow" and read us the code...TeamViewer is one of the easiest too lol.

Just now, Karl Stallknecht said:

Ditto. I'm shocked at how many people can't just go to our website /help and click "allow" and read us the code...TeamViewer is one of the easiest too lol.

We use screenconnect. send an email invite its much eaiser cause lots of people ask.. Can you just email it to me.