Testing on Local Machine

omer

Hi all,

I am new. I installed kazoo on my VM and am trying to test it with soft phones. However, in monster ui, I cannot add neither any number or device nor any credit card. Credit card button does not exist, and add number from spare part cannot be pressed. Only option is Buy Numbers. It comes with one country option which is US and with no number list. I need some options to connect it with soft phones and then apply some call flows. But no chance. Is there any options to do this without buy the commercial version.

Regards.

5 hours ago, omer said:

Hi all,

I am new. I installed kazoo on my VM and am trying to test it with soft phones. However, in monster ui, I cannot add neither any number or device nor any credit card. Credit card button does not exist, and add number from spare part cannot be pressed. Only option is Buy Numbers. It comes with one country option which is US and with no number list. I need some options to connect it with soft phones and then apply some call flows. But no chance. Is there any options to do this without buy the commercial version.

Regards.

Hi,

I feel your pain ))

To get the creditcard tab in accounts app read this, in short: A payment processor needs to be active and reading that  thread will help u.

It will ennable the creditcard tab as its quite logic its not there if no payment processor is active.
Adding a number is a different story, but it does not work because u did not activate or configure a DID buying provider (or carrier)
How to do that? Well Kazoo by default supports bandwith and voip innovations and perhaps also telnyx although i heard its not working (i did not test)

To activate VoiP innovations, please read this.

The number default country... well i asked the same, but no answer yet. It could very well be though that after u activate the DID number provider/carrier it will magically work.

That u can not add a device seems very very strange, and i actually do not believe u ))
Can u tell me what happens when u try to add a device, and upload some screenshots of the process?

If u found my answer helpfull, please click on the hart icon, it makes me more popular ))

So, i assume that u are new to Kazoo and have installed a single server. Please correct me if i am wrong.

First steps for testing:

make sure u have a domainname for your system and that the dns is setup correctly

While logged in as admin, create a new account by visiting the account app. (its better to not "work" in admin account)

Then masquerade or log in as that account and create a device in the callflow app, or in VOIP app, and with that account data register a phone.
It should just work, if not look in the log files for Kazoo and kamailio, log files are situated in /var/log/kamalio and /kazoo

If u want to call to the outside, u need to setup an outbound trunk (can also be called provider, carrier, sip trunk). I suggest that u set it up in the admin account and configure your sub account to use the system wide carriers

https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/79233046/use+the+Global+Carrier+offnet (my old contibution, deals with Kazoo UI, but still informative))

https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/config/global-resources/

https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/config/global-resources/

If u found my answer helpfull, please click on the hart icon, it makes me more popular ))

Edited by martin
added kazoo ui comment (see edit history)

The billing stuff in Monster UI is designed for connecting to braintree and requires other things to be set up get that part working.  Braintree module does not run by default and you also need to add your braintree API.  I believe you also need to do things on the braintree end like create service plans.

So most of those billing related things you see in Monster UI are there for use by 2600hz and anyone else who wants to set up all the braintree stuff with their own braintree account.

If you are not going to use braintree you cannot use most of the billing things in Monster UI and need to develop those things yourself.

Edited by amn (see edit history)

On 12/13/2017 at 3:34 PM, martin said:

Hi,

I feel your pain ))

To get the creditcard tab in accounts app read this, in short: A payment processor needs to be active and reading that  thread will help u.

It will ennable the creditcard tab as its quite logic its not there if no payment processor is active.
Adding a number is a different story, but it does not work because u did not activate or configure a DID buying provider (or carrier)
How to do that? Well Kazoo by default supports bandwith and voip innovations and perhaps also telnyx although i heard its not working (i did not test)

To activate VoiP innovations, please read this.

The number default country... well i asked the same, but no answer yet. It could very well be though that after u activate the DID number provider/carrier it will magically work.

That u can not add a device seems very very strange, and i actually do not believe u ))
Can u tell me what happens when u try to add a device, and upload some screenshots of the process?

Sorry for the last response but we are still trying to solve problems. They are not these above :D I will tell you if your solutions work or not. However, I wont disappoint you and am clicking on the heart :D

On 12/14/2017 at 1:22 AM, martin said:

Changing )) haha that's old news, but it would be cool. I did see the http bookkeeper, and actually that's almost enough.

I am trying to do something with http bookkeeper in combination with service plans and the API.  If there is a completely generic solution coming I might have to wait and see what that is all about.

Edited by amn (see edit history)