Call forward remotely

Jack Noe

Hi.

We have a client who wants to forward the calls going to a User, by calling in from his cellphone.

So he wants to forward a user from outside the office without logging in to the portal.

Is it possible? I do see this feature in the callflows but dont understand how to use it 

Thanks  

image.png.07b2939122fddea634ed6e6e38132bb1.png

Maybe DISA?

https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/docs/pages/11206689/DISA

Only thing  I am not sure about is if the system can be made aware of what extension you want to masquerading as.  If you can masquerade as an extension, then you should be able to use feature codes.  If you are using IVR there might be a way to do it through that as well.

Call-Forward
Update Call-Forward
Enable Call-Forward
Disable Call-Forward
Toggle Call-Forward
Edited by amn (see edit history)

On 1/2/2018 at 4:40 PM, FASTDEVICE said:

This is a job for Pivot. ;)

Hmm. I agree this is a great application for pivot!

A user could also use a less elegant solution perhaps by using a time of day. Kind of like, "all the time ring my phone". Then set the "all other times" to forward to a specific number. Then the user could create a callflow to toggle that specific time of day. It's messy, but would probably solve the use-case. 

1 hour ago, extremerotary said:

It's messy, but would probably solve the use-case. 

Not messy at all, and that solution has been discussed in-depth several times on the forum. I even use that method in my after-hours menu options for forwarding.  However, I was thinking more on the lines of allowing the user to set the forward number from the outside. If the number is static and won't change, then using time-of-day as an off/on switch works great.   

21 hours ago, FASTDEVICE said:

Not messy at all, and that solution has been discussed in-depth several times on the forum. I even use that method in my after-hours menu options for forwarding.  However, I was thinking more on the lines of allowing the user to set the forward number from the outside. If the number is static and won't change, then using time-of-day as an off/on switch works great.   

Spot on. Pivot is the ultimate flexibility for those who are familiar with programming!