Panasonic TGP Series

SPC-Tim

Hey Everyone,

I have had a few customers complaining that Panasonic Phones are not ringing or receiving calls sent to them when the phone is dialed.

We are on the Hosted side of things.

I've done a large amount of testing and wanted to share with you what I have found so far:

I Manually provisioned the device
Set the device to TCP
set a static ip address and custom dns to google dns 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
Moved the device to a different network, made the same changes and it still has the same errors
Connected the phone directly to a modem, and was able to replicate the trouble.
changed the Jitter Buffer settings to a Maximum delay of 50 and then ran through numerous amounts of tests with ranges all the way to 3
Changed the Codec Settings to PCMU, G711, G722, and PCMA numerous calls, still ran into issues with calls failing.
When attempting to get a packet capture of the error, the calls are not even hitting the device to capture the packets
The device remains registered and can make outbound calls while this is happening.
tested the same settings in Firmware 12.84, 12.90, and 13.33

The errors are also inconsistent: 
Unallocated number
Recovery on timer expire

The device will receive calls after rebooting the device for 1-3 calls, but will then begin failing with the errors you see.

Any insight you can provide would be helpful!

We had horrible luck with the Panasonic TGP phones on 2600hz (even though they worked fine with another PBX system), and 2600hz support said they don't officially support them. We switched all of our clients to the SNOM M325 and haven't had any issues. I know that isn't the answer you want, but, just thought I'd throw that out there!