KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Kazoo is it right for us, Out of South Africa

lyndonl

Hi All 

let me jump right in, I have installed a test box using the open source version from 2600hz.org

Before I get though documentation for hours, some of which seems to be sparse, i would like to get clarification on a few questions. 

1. Is there a way I can change the currency and tax, i.e we use VAT here at 14% not GST and ZAR or Rand (R) not USD 

2. is there a simplified interface for a single user, i.e. single sip account for a home user for instance.

3. Monster Apps, are there only 8 apps available on the version I have installed or is there a way to install / purchase other apps? like the provisioning app, carried manager, dialplan etc.

4. is there a way to import a number block into the system?

I really like the hosted PBX options, the interface is slick. I think if we can get Kazoo to do what we want in our environment we can go a long long way with Kazoo. 

On a side note, when I installed the db it doesn't look like it created correctly, so i searched and found that the user_auth was missing and that the db could be refreshed. this I have done, but is there a way of deleting the half created accounts?

i.e. 

[root@kazootest01 ~]# sup crossbar_maintenance create_account kazadmin testdom.co.za administrator password1

failed to validate account: 400 invalid_request

failed to create 'kazadmin': {"realm":{"unique":{"message":"Account realm already in use","cause":"testdom.co.za"}},"name":{"unique":{"message":"Account name already in use","cause":"kazadmin"}}}

failed

I am sure I will have many other questions

Thank you in advance

Edited by lyndonl (see edit history)

• Administrators

Hi there!

Thanks for trying out Kazoo! Lots of questions indeed. Let me try to answer each, below...

1 hour ago, lyndonl said:

Hi All 

let me jump right in, I have installed a test box using the open source version from 2600hz.org

Before I get though documentation for hours, some of which seems to be sparse, i would like to get clarification on a few questions. 

We are looking for assistance on the documentation side, if you are interested in helping out, please let us know!

1. Is there a way I can change the currency and tax, i.e we use VAT here at 14% not GST and ZAR or Rand (R) not USD 

So actually the rating stuff is kind of generic and you can use any currency you like, but we hardcoded US in the UI for now. So you would just have to change that. We don't deal with tax right now, and the billing engine is kind of archaic and is due a re-write. I would recommend using only the limits and per-minute rate tracking features and overriding the UI to put in your own currency. We would welcome contributions to make the currency dynamic, we just haven't had the time to do it.

2. is there a simplified interface for a single user, i.e. single sip account for a home user for instance.

Like a single install? Just remove accounts manager from the apps list and it's a standalone PBX if that's what you mean.

3. Monster Apps, are there only 8 apps available on the version I have installed or is there a way to install / purchase other apps? like the provisioning app, carried manager, dialplan etc.

We have some more open-source apps coming out soon but not yet. The provisioner / carrier manager / dialplan apps are currently closed source. Please contact sales@2600hz.com for those.

4. is there a way to import a number block into the system?

There is a blacklist application that I believe is released open-source. You can use that.

I really like the hosted PBX options, the interface is slick. I think if we can get Kazoo to do what we want in our environment we can go a long long way with Kazoo. 

Thanks!

On a side note, when I installed the db it doesn't look like it created correctly, so i searched and found that the user_auth was missing and that the db could be refreshed. this I have done, but is there a way of deleting the half created accounts?

i.e. 

[root@kazootest01 ~]# sup crossbar_maintenance create_account kazadmin testdom.co.za administrator password1

failed to validate account: 400 invalid_request

failed to create 'kazadmin': {"realm":{"unique":{"message":"Account realm already in use","cause":"testdom.co.za"}},"name":{"unique":{"message":"Account name already in use","cause":"kazadmin"}}}

failed

Go into the Futon database and go into the accounts DB. Delete the bogus account. Also, drop the databases for the bogus account as well. Then you should be good to go.

4 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

So actually the rating stuff is kind of generic and you can use any currency you like, but we hardcoded US in the UI for now. So you would just have to change that. We don't deal with tax right now, and the billing engine is kind of archaic and is due a re-write. I would recommend using only the limits and per-minute rate tracking features and overriding the UI to put in your own currency. We would welcome contributions to make the currency dynamic, we just haven't had the time to do it.

OK great I will check through the documents to see where I can set the currency indicator. 

4 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

Like a single install? Just remove accounts manager from the apps list and it's a standalone PBX if that's what you mean.

No, I don't think so? What I mean is a simple sip account, i.e. a telephone number user/pass with a credit limit. so that an end user i.e. Joe Homeuser can purchase a phone and a $10 monthly service, but has no PBX attached from his perspective. 

8 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

We have some more open-source apps coming out soon but not yet. The provisioner / carrier manager / dialplan apps are currently closed source. Please contact sales@2600hz.com for those.

So are any of the apps available for purchase as a part of the open source install? I will probably con.tact sales as I would like to find out more about the Global Infrastructure option and if if fits into our budget

8 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

There is a blacklist application that I believe is released open-source. You can use that.

Sorry, what I meant as number block, wasn't to block / deny numbers or number ranges, but rather a way to import say 1000 numbers that have been allocated to us so that i can assign to a client. currently there is an option to buy or port numbers, not to add or import numbers. 

Also I have seen references to super-duper admin, but cant see how to add / create this user or if its even still a part of the newer release. or what that even does

I will check out the futondb. 

I may be able to assist with some of the documentation once I am more familiar with the system. 

Thanks for the info so far

• Administrators

Super duper admin is the primary account you create and all it's users, by default. It gets created with your first account automatically.

For bulk import of numbers, you can bulk import numbers with the CSV Jobs app I believe.

For "No, I don't think so? What I mean is a simple sip account, i.e. a telephone number user/pass with a credit limit. so that an end user i.e. Joe Homeuser can purchase a phone and a $10 monthly service, but has no PBX attached from his perspective. " I think what you're saying is you want to create accounts with just one phone/user in them and then have limits in them, like a calling card service or home phone service. This is possible but there's no "one button push" to do it. Everything is API based though so you could make your own app to do it.