KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Faxbox Outbound Notifications

extremerotary

Hey guys,

When an email-to-fax is sent using faxboxes, is it possible to configure the notification to only be sent to the email address that sent the fax? For example, if the smpt_permission_list was "@2600hz.com" and James sent an outbound fax, if the notifications.outbound.email.send_to is set to fax@2600hz.com, then everyone in the distribution list would have a copy of the fax attachment, and know that James sent out a mass advertisement fax about pivot. I would like it if only james@2600hz.com received the PDF attachment and notification that the fax was successful (or failed).

Also, 2 side questions:

1. Can the notification email be configured to not attach the PDF (using notify, not teletype)?

2. What is the "media" element on the faxboxes document used for?

In my past experience if you do not have something in the main "Fax Sent Receipts" field then none of the users will receive a fax sent receipt.  It effectively disabled the sent receipts entirely.  As a work around you can submit a fake email or unmonitored email or public folder/shared mailbox in the "Fax Sent Receipts" field and then all users should get their own fax sent receipts as well as the person listed in the field.

image.png.c124ec0a40a4ad12dd5434ad08de805a.png

On 2/21/2018 at 9:37 AM, Logicwrath said:

In my past experience if you do not have something in the main "Fax Sent Receipts" field then none of the users will receive a fax sent receipt.  It effectively disabled the sent receipts entirely.  As a work around you can submit a fake email or unmonitored email or public folder/shared mailbox in the "Fax Sent Receipts" field and then all users should get their own fax sent receipts as well as the person listed in the field.

image.png.c124ec0a40a4ad12dd5434ad08de805a.png

So you mean, if nothing is in there, notifications are disabled, but if I put some bogus address in there I, as the sender, will get the notification (in addition to the bogus email)?! That would work!