Conference moderator

Mattia

Hello guys,

I'm trying to understand more from conferences. I see that you can enter using a moderator pin and, if you do it, you will be a moderator in that conference (member_type = 'moderator' on conference_channel_vars). Ok, so: what can a moderator do? and how?

I saw API for mute/kick and so on but that are not limited to moderators (I should use API restriction in that case or something similiar...)

Is there the possibility to kick/mute/deaf/... someone through DTMF if I am moderator? And also can a non-moderator do these actions?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm using Kazoo 4.0

• 2600Hz Employees

You have the idea that a member can affect their own settings while a moderator can affect others. You can also set up conferences to start/end when the moderator joins/leaves.

11 hours ago, Mattia said:

Hello guys,

I'm trying to understand more from conferences. I see that you can enter using a moderator pin and, if you do it, you will be a moderator in that conference (member_type = 'moderator' on conference_channel_vars). Ok, so: what can a moderator do? and how?

I saw API for mute/kick and so on but that are not limited to moderators (I should use API restriction in that case or something similiar...)

Is there the possibility to kick/mute/deaf/... someone through DTMF if I am moderator? And also can a non-moderator do these actions?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm using Kazoo 4.0

Hey Mattia,

There are a lot of conference options in the works! Currently, the main functionality comes from the APIs. They give a wide range of moderator options via a programmed UI to do things within conferences. We've had very good success with using them ourselves in our UI. One obstacle we are facing is, in a clustered federated environment is that during a nightmare transfer of a caller to a conference running on a different freeswitch server, some channel vars are not passed to the receiving freeswitch server, so the conference event emitted is missing some data (such as owner_id for an on-nat call). We are currently working with 2600 and the freeswitch team to resolve that. But yeah, the APIs are where the real controls come into play!

Hey, thank for you replies,

4 hours ago, extremerotary said:

Hey Mattia,

There are a lot of conference options in the works! Currently, the main functionality comes from the APIs. They give a wide range of moderator options via a programmed UI to do things within conferences. We've had very good success with using them ourselves in our UI. One obstacle we are facing is, in a clustered federated environment is that during a nightmare transfer of a caller to a conference running on a different freeswitch server, some channel vars are not passed to the receiving freeswitch server, so the conference event emitted is missing some data (such as owner_id for an on-nat call). We are currently working with 2600 and the freeswitch team to resolve that. But yeah, the APIs are where the real controls come into play!

nice, so currently I should use API. Should I check by myself if a participant is a moderator before sending the API? I have a middleware that receives request and relay to Kazoo. I thought to check if participant is a moderator (loggedo through PIN moderator) and send the request to Kazoo only if so. Is this the best way in my case or am I missing something?

11 hours ago, mc_ said:

You have the idea that a member can affect their own settings while a moderator can affect others. You can also set up conferences to start/end when the moderator joins/leaves.

what types of settings do you mean?

Edited by Mattia (see edit history)