Edit History

airsay

airsay

Update to actual scenario

Follow up on this. So I have Kazoo v4.3 installed on a Proxmox Home lab. Port forwarded necessary ports. Updated Freeswitch and Kamailio to advertise public IP. Successfully registered two extensions outside my network and established call between both.  I'm however having issues registering from within my LAN. If I set outbound proxy to the Kazoo's internal IP address, phone registers successfully. Calls to that extension get sent to Voicemail immediately without ringing even though the phone is online. If I provide my public IP address (I've got a static public IP), the phone never registers. I don't see any register attempts from the phone. So my question is, is it possible to have a server where phones can register internally and externally and have both phones communicate?

EDIT: So I may have spoken too early. Just did a test with one phone external to my LAN (A) calling a phone internal to my LAN (B). Calling B from A rings B. When I answer B, there's only one way audio from A to B. No Audio from B to A. A has outbound proxy set as my public IP, B has outbound proxy set as Kazoo's local internal IP. What should I be tweaking if any? I understand that in most production use case this isn't going to ever arise, but I've previously self-hosted 3CX where this did arise and was handled "flawlessly" by 3CX. 

Edit 2: Calling A from B and the call is getting hung up as soon as A answers. I see a BYE coming from Kaz.oo.Lan.IP:11000 to Phone A immediately A answers the call (+0.00503 seconds)

airsay

airsay

Update to actual scenario

Follow up on this. So I have Kazoo v4.3 installed on a Proxmox Home lab. Port forwarded necessary ports. Updated Freeswitch and Kamailio to advertise public IP. Successfully registered two extensions outside my network and established call between both.  I'm however having issues registering from within my LAN. If I set outbound proxy to the Kazoo's internal IP address, phone registers successfully. Calls to that extension get sent to Voicemail immediately without ringing even though the phone is online. If I provide my public IP address (I've got a static public IP), the phone never registers. I don't see any register attempts from the phone. So my question is, is it possible to have a server where phones can register internally and externally and have both phones communicate?

EDIT: So I may have spoken to early. Just did a test with one phone external to my LAN (A) calling a phone internal to my LAN (B). Calling B from A rings B. When I answer B, there's only one way audio from A to B. No Audio from B to A. A has outbound proxy set as my public IP, B has outbound proxy set as Kazoo's local internal IP. What should I be tweaking if any? I understand that in most production use case this isn't going to ever arise, but I've previously self-hosted 3CX where this did arise and was handled "flawlessly" by 3CX. 

airsay

airsay