Where to get started on OAuth2

KevinPGi

I am trying to figure out where to get started on OAuth2. In this case, we are the identity provider. So, our expectation is that the user logs into the portal, gets redirected to our OAuth2 provider, and then we redirect back to Kazoo.

So, where do I get started? Kazoo needs to know the client ID and client secret that we have configured. And we need to know the correct redirect URI. So, we are just a little lost on where to configure this.

• 2600Hz Employees
On 2/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, KevinPGi said:

our expectation is that the user logs into the portal, gets redirected to our OAuth2 provider, and then we redirect back to Kazoo

what portal are you expecting the user to logon ?

you tipically have a landing page for auth like in https://monster.sandbox.2600hz.com/ where the user can login with his kazoo credentials or with a oauth provider.

depending on the level of integration you want, you may redirect immediately from the landing page to your oauth login url.

if you have your own identity provider oauth app, then you need to configure it as a provider (see google & office365 docs in system_auth database) and create an application to reference that provider.

do you have discovery url for your oauth provider ? any documentation for it ?

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the system_auth database? In regards to (see google & office365 docs in system_auth database) 
I just started here, but it looks like we're going to do this 2600Hz integration and I need to understand the SSO (we would be an IdP) and Roles/Permissions model