Edit History

jes_tovar

jes_tovar

On 9/25/2020 at 2:51 AM, Joseph Watson said:

Hey there,

I have a storage plan configured which points to an AWS bucket we configured for a customer. That customer now wants to host their own bucket which is fine. We transferred any recordings or files to the customer's bucket, but now when you try to access the files via the kazoo api, it fails. Do we need to "update" something somewhere since we change the bucket?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi, Assuming the new bucket has been given read permissions from the Kazoo app server, then make sure that each file and folder in s3 has been moved and set with the right permissions as well.    It has happened to me in the past that i push a file to s3 without settings permissions to it and can't be read. 

Test using AWS cli from kazoo app server

jes_tovar

jes_tovar

Hey there,

I have a storage plan configured which points to an AWS bucket we configured for a customer. That customer now wants to host their own bucket which is fine. We transferred any recordings or files to the customer's bucket, but now when you try to access the files via the kazoo api, it fails. Do we need to "update" something somewhere since we change the bucket?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi, Assuming the new bucket has been given read permissions from the Kazoo app server, then make sure that each file and folder in s3 has been moved and set with the right permissions as well.    It has happened to me in the past that i push a file to s3 without settings permissions to it and can't be read. 

jes_tovar

jes_tovar

Hey there,

Thanks,

Joe

Hi, Assuming the new bucket have been read permissions from the Kazoo app server, then make sure that each file and folder in s3 has been moved and set with the right permissions as well.    It has happened to me in the past that i push a file to s3 without settings permissions to it and can't be read.