Phones disappear from advanced provisioner when MAC is changed.

Rick Guyton

If I need to upgrade a phone or swap it out when it's suspected to be defective, I'm able to change the MAC address of the device in SmartPBX or Advanced Callflows. This is great! But, if I do this, the phone disappears from advanced provisioner and will not come back unless I delete the device and re-create it.

• 2600Hz Employees
Hi Rick, thanks for the detailed report, this really helps!  Currently, any changes applied to a device will attempt to update the existing config files, but does not generate a new one.  Due to you adding a new MAC Address, there isn't an existing file to update therefore fails.  I'm going to create an idea for the implementation of generating a new config file when a new MAC Address is added to an existing device in Smart PBX or Advanced Callflows.

Hi Kristin, thanks for the description of the situation. It made me remember that when you change something in account settings it warns you that it will generate all new config files. Made me wonder if perhaps that would force it generate a config for that new MAC. Sure enough, I changed the admin password in account settings, saved it, accepted that all new configs would be generated and BOOM, there was my phone. When I have some spare time, I'll replicate the problem and the solution again a couple times just to be sure. But, it sounds like a good work around to me.