How to make intercom and paging working

GregW

Hello,

I have two accounts that require paging and intercom and I can't seem to get either or working.
The accounts are using mix of Polycom 501 and Yealink T42 phones.

When trying the intercom feature regardless from which phone to which phone there is period of silence, about 30 seconds or so and voicemail picks up.

Now for paging:
I created page group in advance call flow and when dialing that extension number the call never connects on any other phone, but it appears as connected on the originating phone. The most I waited was 120 seconds.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

On the paging side of things...

We can page Yealink phones individually using the *0 paging feature code (*0nnnn where nnnn is the extension number)

By default the yealinks will auto-answer but Polycoms will not ( I suspect that to be a setting on the polycom somewhere)

If you have 2 devices registered against the extension (user) it is a race as to which one answers and although the other(s) may attempt to auto-answer the call will only connect to one device.

This is why paging groups would be so useful....

However, the issue we have experienced is that phones in the group WILL answer but there is no audio.

We did a wireshark trace and could see audio being sent, It just wasn't being received.

Anyone else experienced or resolved this?