Welcome to comm.land troubleshooting. This article explains how to determine, diagnose, and fix issues that you might encounter when using comm.land.
Troubleshooting your OS
What OS are you using?
- Windows, MacOS, Apple Silicon (m1), Big Sur, Catalina, etc.
What version of comm.land are you using?
- This can be found under Settings. Example: 2.1.64
- Warnings about an untrusted certificate during installation of comm.land
- comm.land installs a self-signed certificate, however, Windows requires a “certain amount of installations” before this message is bypassed prior to the installation
- We have resolved the untrusted certificate by upgrading to a more robust cert and will be resolved in comm.land 2.1+ which will also have Desktop Communications, LLC as the author rather than 2600Hz
Troubleshooting your Webphone
Do you have a microphone enabled on your OS?
- You will need to have a microphone enabled on your OS in order to use the webphone
Do you have an anti virus on your OS?
- If you do, please disable that, quit / restart your comm.land application and see if that resolves the webphone not working. If that does, please re-enable your antivirus and quit / restart your comm.land application
Microphone / Speaker Issues:
- Ensure that you have comm.land enabled for your mic / speaker under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab along with Automation enabled as well
Troubleshooting your Conferences v1.0. (Please Note: Conferences will be available in 2.3 once 5.1 is released)
Ensure "Enable Video Conferencing" is enabled in Monster UI Conferences > Users specific Conference Bridge > Conferences
- Resolves mute / unmute not working, layout not present and/or not working
The logs are split up in two files:
- comm.land.log: Our main code, everything from electron and the modules we define will be on this file.
- renderer.log: Everything from our renderer window.
Paths for the Debugging Logs:
- Windows: `%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\comm.land\logs`
- MacOS: `~/Library/Logs/comm.land`
Dev Tools / Console
- Windows: Ctrl + Shift + i
- MacOS: Command + Option + i
Uninstalling / Reinstalling comm.land:
Uninstall comm.land from your OS
- Access hidden folder path: `C:\Users\$USER\AppData\Local`
- Delete `comm.land-updater` folder (IF it's there...)
- Access hidden folder path: `User\Library\Application Support\`
- Delete `comm.land` folder and `commland-updater` folder (IF it’s there…)
- Reinstall comm.land