What is this?
Dynamic Caller ID allows you to set unique rules that modify the caller ID display based on the outgoing phone number called. You can set rules that match a feature code, area code(s), or a more advanced set of variables using Regular Expression algorithm. Once set, each outgoing call that matches the pattern can display a unique and customized caller.
Before you start
Inventory your available phone #s use for settings.
Note you must own the number you use in order for the Caller ID setting to be active.
- List of Caller ID rules and phone #s you want to use.
- List of Feature Codes already activated in Smart PBX (e.g. *72 to enable call forwarding) so your new codes don’t conflict. Dynamic Caller ID supports 3-digit codes.
- From your Kazoo home page, choose the Caller ID icon above.
Choose Create Rule.
- Enter a name to define the rule.
- Select a number from your list of available numbers to show as the “virtual ID”
Define details of the rule, and when to trigger its use. Options are
-- Match by feature code – 3-digit feature codes are recommended
-- Match by area code
-- Use Regular Expression (RegEx). This is a customized coding option for advanced users to capture a sequence of characters or numbers (for example including multiple Area Codes) using a RegEx algorithm supplied by you. The simulator button will test the RegEx.
6. Review, Edit, and Save your Rule
Click on the link below to download a .pdf
Edited by Emily R (show revisions)