Cant't set up white labeling via Go Daddy

avig2

Hello,

I"m trying to white-label with the Kazoo hosted solution. I've contacted Go Daddy multiple times but for whatever reason the only change that is taking hold is adding the sub-domain ie. portal@example.com,

but nothing else is working. I gave Go Daddy the list of configuration details which kazoo provided but it's not working. Anyone have experience working with Go Daddy or any ideas how to get this done?

Thanks

Hello,

All you have to do is setup a wildcard A record.
example 
if your White label Realm suffix is xyztel.com or pbx.xyztel.com 
then the A record needs to look like this 

* then ip of your monster ui server 
or 

*.pbx  ip of your monster ui server 

so when you add accounts they will point to the right ip

Hope this helps 

Regards,

Derek

image.png.e2c275642a8ac119d13abc6050f63ae7.png

image.png.a12742de29a7868875be9f513062d82b.png

If you want to do a proper branding, It's a bit more nuanced than that. The typical registrar is unable to handle all the record types and I'd suggest looking for a dedicated DNS service.

As a suggestion, as I have no affiliation, https://dnsmadeeasy.com/ they support all record types. And, the ones not listed in their interface, simply email their support team and they will add for you. 

Thanks for the heads up, I just got off the phone with Go Daddy support, and I didn't feel as if they fully understood all the record types, and of course I need to wait 24-48 hours before I find out if it worked.