Kazoo v4.3, CouchDB V1.1 HA

abuzooz

Hi Community

I want to configure Couchdb HA on my 3 node cluster so if one of the nodes fails the other 2 still supporting the system. CouchDB team told me that it is a built-in feature starting CouchDB  V2, which is unfortunate as Kazoo is using CouchDB V1.1.1 and I cant find any article how to upgrade Kazoo-BigCouch to higher versions so I can support HA. Currently if I turned off one of the 3 nodes, the system collapse and start throwing errors.

How have you overcame this issue using Kazoo V4.3?

On 3/19/2020 at 2:13 PM, abuzooz said:

Hi Community

I want to configure Couchdb HA on my 3 node cluster so if one of the nodes fails the other 2 still supporting the system. CouchDB team told me that it is a built-in feature starting CouchDB  V2, which is unfortunate as Kazoo is using CouchDB V1.1.1 and I cant find any article how to upgrade Kazoo-BigCouch to higher versions so I can support HA. Currently if I turned off one of the 3 nodes, the system collapse and start throwing errors.

How have you overcame this issue using Kazoo V4.3?

There is only way to upgrade bigcouch to CouchDB 2.3.1. Firstly you should create a new cluster of CouchDB 2.3.1 then replicate all data from Bigcouch to new CouchDB cluster with using some utility from Kazoo repository. As far as I remember its  clonedb. You can use even curl for this.

40 minutes ago, Eugene Taradayko said:

There is only way to upgrade bigcouch to CouchDB 2.3.1. Firstly you should create a new cluster of CouchDB 2.3.1 then replicate all data from Bigcouch to new CouchDB cluster with using some utility from Kazoo repository. As far as I remember its  clonedb. You can use even curl for this.

Wonderful! thank you so much