voice mail system

MVillars

Hello everyone,

I am new to the 2600Hz community.
My name is Mylène. I am an embedded software engineer.
I have a project to create just a voice mail system where each user sends voice messages to each other from a raspberry pi.
After looking at the documentation, it all seems a bit unclear to me. Is it necessary to install all the different components of Kazoo on a server? Or is it enough to use the monster interface, REST API and WebSockets?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Mylène

• 2600Hz Employees
2 hours ago, MVillars said:

Hello everyone,

I am new to the 2600Hz community.
My name is Mylène. I am an embedded software engineer.
I have a project to create just a voice mail system where each user sends voice messages to each other from a raspberry pi.
After looking at the documentation, it all seems a bit unclear to me. Is it necessary to install all the different components of Kazoo on a server? Or is it enough to use the monster interface, REST API and WebSockets?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Mylène

Hello @MVillars and welcome! Whoaaa I personally am extra excited to have you here among us (not sus), I am fascinated with the whole world of embedded engineering and especially where telecom can be further integrated into that field! I very much hope you will share as much as you are willing to about your journey through exploring KAZOO where your embedded projects are concerned, I am super interested in seeing what you come up with regarding the Raspberry Pi and those types of hardware platforms, and please use these forums as a resource to ask questions in and also share what you learn along the way! 

As an initial bit of guidance since you asked about what it takes to get a KAZOO instance up and running on a server, I would probably direct you to the System Administration forums, where that kind of information generally lives and is discussed:

https://forums.2600hz.com/forums/forum/8-system-administration/

Also, you may find it useful to scope out the developer forums, as that's where the engineering and development stuff you will likely need to engage in with regards to your Pi project takes place:

https://forums.2600hz.com/forums/forum/35-developer/

Welcome again and so great to have you here, cheers! 

Hello ,
Thank you for your welcome and for your very motivating message.
I hope I can contribute my knowledge on the subject as best I can in order to contribute to the development of Kazoo.
Thank you also for the links to the different forums which I think will be useful.
And once again, thank you for welcoming me to the 2600Hz community.