Overhead Paging: Any suggestions?

Smitty

All,

I have a client that brought a request,  They have a warehouse that needs overhead paging that they would like to have integrated into the phone service I provide via 2600 hosted.   

I'm figuring that we can use the newer IP SIP bull horns to do this?   I.E make them devices, assign a call flow, and designate a paging button that dials that group of horns when dialed?

Anyone done this before?   Suggestions on products that worked?     I was looking at the Algo 8186

Any tips would be be appreciated!

Shawn

The algo product line is perfect for this. They are very simple to setup and basically function as a IP Phone. When you go to add the new device in smartpbx, select the option for your device brand is not listed, see screenshot:

image.png

This will provide you with a username and password for the SIP registration. You will need this in the algo. Also note that the algo doesn't generally handle outbound proxy registration well, so you will need to use the realm/domain as the sip host.

Create a new callflow and assign it an extension, I like to you 9999 for paging. Then assign the device to it.

When the extension is called, kazoo will send an invite to the algo. The device will then answer the call, start the media and play a beep. The caller then can make their announcement.

Perfect!   Thanks Joseph.   I'm going to reach out to to Algo for details on sizing and how best to do 3 of these.   I'm a novice when it comes to paging, not sure on the unicast vs multicast etc.   Also, if building 3 speaker as devices and putting them into a ring group off the call flow would work?  nothing worse then a paging system that has delays etc.  lol

Update:  Spoke with the Algo rep:   Spec'd out (2) 8186 IP Sip horns,  and the 8301 IP multicast adapter ( Due to multi speaker and customer requirement for playing music).  

Config:  The 8301 will be programmed on 2600 as the sip device, build a calls flow to extension 9999, add the device (8301 adapter) - sends the call paging to the 8301, which then multicasts it to the horns.

Sound right?   Chime in if I missed anything.