Trunk Limits - Fax Box - International Calling - Per Minute

Logicwrath

If we want to allow a specific client to make international calls we need to check the box to "Allow customers to make per-minute calls that go over the above limit, and bill them the per-minute cost of the call".

If we configure 1 two-way trunk for this client and the client submits 3 faxes simultaneously, 2 of the faxes will get billed out per-minute instead of queuing up for flat rate trunk on the account.

If disable "Allow customers to make per-minute calls that go over the above limit, and bill them the per-minute cost of the call" and queue 3 faxes, 2 of them will fail with "OUTGOING_CALL_BARRED" and I assume enter the retry sequence.  

Eventually, if the retries are high enough, all 3 faxes will go out.  I was not able to test specifically if "OUTGOING_CALL_BARRED" uses one of the retry attempts or if it just queues it up.  I assume it consumes retries during this phase.

If too many faxes get queued, I assume all retries would get consumed and some of these faxes would fail.

This example will cause us a headache in certain use cases.  I would certainly prefer the ability to queue the faxes so they wait for an open flat rate trunk.  I already have a ticket open to give us the ability to limit the amount of trunks a fax box can consume at any given time.

Additionally, I would like the system to be smart enough to queue up all US/CANADA faxes for a flat rate trunk and then send international faxes/calls per-minute immediately.