Anyone here early for KazooCon?

Rick Guyton

Ouch, both times I've come out I've hit a delay due to fog. You'd think they'd have that figured out by now. :)

I'm staying near Portsmouth Square. It's less than a 10 min walk. Trying AirBnb for the first time. Little anxious about it. But I was anxious about Uber too. Kinda funny considering how into tech I am.

• Administrators
"You'd think they'd have that figured out by now. :)"

So ironically, if you're curious, this is a well known issue. The problem isn't the airport - it's environmentalists and local neighbors :-)  https://www.quora.com/Why-does-SFO-only-have-4-runways-Why-didnt-they-build-more-during-one-of-the-b...

Bottom line: When pilots can't use "visual approach" and have to use automated systems (during weather, fog, etc.) then they can't use both parallel runways at the same time. So all flights get delayed, and it gets worse as the day goes on.

"The main problem with SFO's configuration (2 sets of parallel runways) is that the parallel runways are too close to each other (750ft) to allow for simultaneous landings during inclement weather. The FAA mandates that planes doing a parallel landing at SFO must be able to see each other during the landing, which is impossible during cloudy weather. This effectively cuts airport capacity in half, creating major delays."

They tried to fix this in 2000 with expanded runways but residents said no:

"This of course was met with massive opposition from environmental groups. Reclaiming land in the Bay destroys large animal habitats and disrupts local ecosystems created by tidal movements. "

Then the economy tanked, flights were reduced and people stopped complaining. But now the economy has picked up again, so the cycle is repeating.

Lol, that would be maddening.

Are you still stuck at the airport or are you using inflight wifi?

What's with airbnb and discrimination? I have to admit as a middle aged white guy I don't get that much. I really never realized how much it still goes on until we adopted our daughter. Crazy how much more you get "random" security checks leaving Walmart... Ugh.

Shoot me an email when you get in if you are up for a beer or something. Rick@getclarity.biz.

Darren: thanks! At least there's a reason I guess. :)

I got confirmation from multiple 2600hz people that all of the main conference and engineering track info was recorded and will be released. I saw the cameras 3 of them actually and the record icon on all of them. So they have it for sure. Probably just need a bit to edit it all together. So I'll let you all watch that. It's a ton of info. But my big take aways are:

Holy crap web sockets are awesome.

So is the call center, conference, operator console and webRTC phone apps that are all fully functional in 4.0. Partially because they are all powered by web sockets and are theirfore all realtime.

We can sell cellular service again. This time at wholesale rates! But there's a few qualifiers if you want to go now as opposed to a few weeks from now. Oh and Sprint doesn't really suck anymore and I figured out why.

I'm about to take off. Im sure their are things I'm leaving out. I still have the agenda, I'll look at it a little later today and do my best to summarize the downstairs stuff I attended since it wasn't recorded.