Rapid Deployment App

Rick Guyton

Hey guys, I'd like to create an app that will allow us to rapidly deploy new accounts. Basically the app would take a few settings like realm name, local or global carrier, number of trunks to assign and possibly numbers to begin porting on. Then, a CSV for each device that contains columns like device name, MAC, Make, Model, Presence ID/extension, UserFirstName, UserLastName, UserEmail. Finally, checks it for sanity and conflicts and applies the whole bit at once.

This is a little bit more than I can bite off myself at the moment. So, I'm curious, would anyone be interested in purchasing an app like this if I were to bring in some help for development? If so, what would you think was fair on a per device basis for a service like this? Also, am I missing anything you guy's want in there?

Hey Rick - I spoke to my guys about this, and definitely interested and would love to contribute back as a PR to master if we came up with something good. We are pretty slammed right now, so probably a few months before we could help. My provisioning guys said they would buy me lunch for a month if we did this for them, so not sure what the value would translate to there. ha!