Can't install Bria 4 or Zoipher 3 sip softphone on MAC 10.8 laptops, need purchased versions for Call Transfer feature

Marie

Customer says they can't install Bria 4 or Zoipher 3 sip softphone on MAC 10.8 laptops, need purchased versions for Call Transfer feature. They are able to install and use free versions but need the Call Transfer feature.

Anyone else have any issues with MAC 10.8 compatibility with Bria 4 or Zoipher 3 sip softphpones? Our customer's office has all MAC 10.8 laptops and will not be able to upgrade MAC version until next year.

I have asked customer if they can use a mobile sip app on their smartphones/iphones where they will be able to do call transfer in the meantime.

I have contacted Bria and Zoipher customer support.

Here is the response I received from CounterPath Technical Support.

Hello Marie,

I'm sorry, but as you noted, Bria 4 is only supported for OSX 10.9+ as mentioned here. If you installed an older, unsupported version of X-Lite as a trial this may have been why it worked on a previous version of OSX. The most recent version of X-Lite has these same requirements as noted here.

I'm afraid in order to use Bria 4 you'll need a supported operating system to do so. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Graham (CounterPath Technical Support )