Where is mod_kazoo documented?

I found a very old and not very informative entry on the FreeSWITCH docs and an Erlang Factory talk from 2014 ... and that is kind of it. Am I missing something obvious?

We are using `mod_erlang_event` with FreeSWITCH 1.10.1, so an upgrade is way overdue and I remembered that `mod_kazoo` being a modern version of `mod_erlang_event`, so decided to check it out. This is where I got confused again, because I couldn't find it in the FreeSWITCH repo. I was told it was moved into a separate repo, but it looks unmaintained and a critical(-looking) patch seems to be hanging in the air since 2021. Is there a 2600hz repo that I didn't find?

Thank you in advance for any piece of info!

• 2600Hz Employees

mod_erlang_event and mod_kazoo are totally separate in design and intention so they aren't drop-in replacements for each other.

I don't know the status of mod_kazoo work or who on our (Ooma/2600Hz) side has access to merge that commit but it is not critical to merge at the moment since Kazoo 4.3 is targeted at OTP 19.3.

I'll ask around about whether mod_kazoo can be opened up to the community for more PRs and permissions.

Thank you! Especially for confirming that "they aren't drop-in replacements for each other". `mod_erlang_event` has been working well for our purposes so far (and will probably remain so), but `mod_kazoo` was always on my radar, thinking that it is a "new & improved" Erlang module for FreeSWITCH event sockets.