Call recording app on Sandbox

Tuly

Maybe an idea?

on the Call recording app on Sandbox, is it possible to disable for users those 2 tabs "Storage Settings"  "Configuration" and only allow them to see and listen to the call recording tap? I can see wanting to restrict access from users the config of an Amazon account or the configuration to which phone should have call recording on or off, this should only be set by an administrator sometimes,

• 2600Hz Employees
37 minutes ago, Tuly said:
Maybe an idea?

on the Call recording app on Sandbox, is it possible to disable for users those 2 tabs "Storage Settings"  "Configuration" and only allow them to see and listen to the call recording tap? I can see wanting to restrict access from users the config of an Amazon account or the configuration to which phone should have call recording on or off, this should only be set by an administrator sometimes,

Thanks for the feedback! We didn't build the current app for end-users in mind, it's mostly to help admin configure their call-recording settings. If we want to expose recordings to end-users, then I wonder if it would make more sense to add it as a tab to the "User Portal" instead.

The problem with user portal,  is that you need to login separately for each user, most companies that would like to take care of call recordings they have an admin login to the account,  and I would like to listen to certain call recordings download certain call recordings, it doesn't make sense to log out and log into each user, 

So the way the sandbox is configured now how would you give access to a client to listen to call recordings? 

The same way we have voicemail manager that you can manage all voicemails of all users (very smart and elegant) 

Call recording app is very good but it doesn't belong the settings on that app,  there is a separate app for configuring AWS and Google drive, why the redundancy?   

I understand the app is configured for admins to control their call recordings, but there are a lot of admins that will just turn on every option in the call recording app to record, EVRYTHING, and that is obviously not the best for the system, 

Edited by Tuly (see edit history)

• 2600Hz Employees

The AWS and Google Drive Apps are to configure your different storage providers. In the Call-Recording app (and the Fax App and the Voicemail App if you have a storage document set up), we just let you configure which connections to choose, as well as picking a specific folder for that feature, I wouldn't call that redundant. 

But you bring up a good point about allowing customers to check all recordings without exposing the storage settings, for now you wouldn't be able to do it.