Yealink T46G losing codec configuration

Logicwrath

I am trying to figure out why in some cases we are randomly having phones with incompatible codecs.  Everything will be fine and then one day we get a call that none of the phones are working/ringing.  I will investigate and see a codec incompatibility.  There was a time when I setup a devices to only allow G722.  I don't do this anymore, I include G711 as well.  However, I don't know why the Yealink phone will all of sudden be configured for G711 only.  The issue ends up being that the Yealink phone will be configured for PCMU only and the account will be configured for G722 only.

I check the Advanced Provisioner CFG file in a web browser and it looks correct:

account.1.codec.6.enable = 1 account.1.codec.6.priority = 1
account.1.codec.1.enable = 1 account.1.codec.1.priority = 2

However, when I log into the Yealink phone it will be set to PCMU only.  The quick fix is to edit the device and allow PCMU so the phones will work.

Does anyone have any idea why the Yealink phone configuration would suddenly change the codec configuration?  This is rather frustrating.