- An account wants to manage incoming call routing based on open and closed office hours.
- An account wants to set different Virtual Receptionist prompts based on open and closed hours, including a “lunch hour” message, a “weekend” message and a “holiday” message.
Before you Begin
- Confirm your office hours, including any times you may be closed due to lunch or holidays.
- If your office hours vary by day and include different lunch hours, consider creating a .csv file that reflects these values. You can import that file to save time; see below.
SmartPBX supports a new Office Hours Strategy process. The document below is part of the SmartPBX app. Select Main Number from the side menu.
Create Office Hours Strategy
Select the Main Number menu, then Office Hours Strategy. You will see the following screen.
- If your message options stay constant 24/7, you can keep the default selection 24 hours Open Office.
If you have different Incoming Call routing options based on your office hours, select the Custom Office Hours button.
From this screen. you have 4 options for entering your personalized hours.
- Manually add hours using the “Add Hours” blue button (top left)
- “Select a template” from the drop down menu, which will populate a default set of hours
- Import CSV (top right) – where you can enter the data in a .csv file and upload it.
- Manually edit hours per day, by selecting each day tab. This is available as an edit option once initial hours are input.
If you want to add your hours manually, select all days that are the same, and enter your start and end times.
NOTE: If you do have a separate message for lunch hours, save. your “open hours” first, then add your “Lunch Hours”.
- This can be any window of time your office is closed within the “open hours” window.
- When saved, “Lunch Hours” will use the Incoming Call Handling process as identified in the Incoming Call / Lunch Hours section below. Refer to the SmartPBX User Guide for details.
Select an existing template
Another way to populate your office hours is to use an existing template.
- The initial template provided includes a traditional 9am to 5pm work week with a “closed” lunch hour window from 12pm to 1:00pm.
- You can assign this template and then make edits to it; for example if your lunch window is from 12:30-1:30 you can make these edits only.
- If a timeframe is not listed it is assumed the office is closed and will follow the closed path.
- We will be adding more templates as part of our update schedule.
Once the values have been entered you will be able to scroll through each day using the tabs at the top of the window.
Edited by Emily R (show revisions)