Mobile IDEA - Outbound CLID selection

esoare

So I have a Mobile Device, and when I dial out it shows my business number. "Great!" 

But sometimes, I would like my "Personal/Mobile" number to be displayed when I call out to family/friends. 

What do you think of a Feature Code,  "*1 + 10 digit number" would equal the call going out, using the Mobile Number, versus the Business number?

Hey Eugine,

You can do that now with pivot. Your welcome to steal my script below for this.

Think Darren mentioned they are making an official version coming soon.

Next up, how to make that same *code use different numbers on different devices. AKA, if I dial *1 ten digit number, have it use MY personal cell number. And if my wife on my same account dials *1 ten digit number, have it call out on HER personal cell number.

Finally, setup CallerID prepend, so that incoming calls have a *1 on them if the caller called your personal number.

This would result in a pretty sweet config where each user can use *1 (or whatever) to call out on their personal number AND ID inbound calls from their personal number by seeing that *1 AND be able to call back off the call log and have it work as expected (call back that same person using your personal number)

@Rick GuytonGuyton

Could your pivot tell which user's mobile was making the outbound call? 

I have my wife's mobile on my account also, I think I'll set her User to show her outbound CLID as her cell when dialing out (she's doesn't make business calls).

Use cases:

Main Business Number:

Secondary Business Number: (like totally different Business!!)

Business DID for a User

Personal Cell Number on Mobile

esoare

3 hours ago, esoare said:

Could your pivot tell which user's mobile was making the outbound call?

Well, kind of. I get the ID of the device, but that in and of itself doesn't mean anything. Technically, I could call back out to the API and get more data on that device. But, trying to do that in the limited time scope of a call placement... Ugh. I'd have to build a database to have that info on hand. I'm considering doing something like that... But, it's a lot of work and 2600 could do it better with an internal resource.

Main Business Number

Easy, set that as the caller ID in adv call flows you you've already mentioned.

Secondary Business Number: (like totally different Business!!)

Easy, use the Static Caller ID section of my post. Then you'd assign a star code that ANYONE on the account could use to call out on the second business number.

Business DID for a User

In addition to the main and secondary??? Seems kind of overkill.. But, no pivot doesn't get me enough info to know who the user is at all I don't think. So, same as #1

Personal Cell Number on Mobile

Yea, again, I'd need more info that what a pivot call gives me. So, same as #1...

Edited by Rick Guyton (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!
This is (as I can see) exactly the same issue that we've tried to solve from day 1 using Kazoo. It's a rather big issue for some of our clients!
We've solved it in a rather dirty way, however it's working, see post below.

It would be nice with another solution, like a setting in ring groups for outbound CID or something similar...
The solution that @Rick Guyton is showing just solves the problem for manual outbound calls, not calls from a ring group etc.

See (one of) my previous post regarding this;

• 1 year later...

Just to finish off this thread. 

The Dynamic CallerID app fixed this "problem"/"challenge" for me, since I'm only doing this for my cell on some contacts. 

I used 890-899 for the 3 digit code (since there are NOT 890-899 area codes in North America yet) in Dynamic Caller ID. (this of course only allows for 10 slots) I suppose one could use 8900-8999 for 100 numbers.  Also edited contacts on my 2600hs mobile cell, to have the 890 in front of their number, so it goes through the Dynamic Caller ID, automatically.