Freeswitch not streaming events to Kazoo

Hello,

I'm new in this telephony world and am in trouble trying to make things work correctly between Freeswitch and Kazoo. We have a working telephony environment with Kazoo, Kamailio and Freeswitches running on Rackspace and I'm trying to configure a new Freeswitch node on AWS. Following the guidelines on FREESWITCH/Amazon+EC2 I could make everything work on AWS except the event binding. In my case, whenever the call finishes I need to capture the event and send the media file to another location and that's when my problems begin since I can't make Freeswitch and Kazoo to connect correctly. I tried to make some additional changes to the freeswitch configs (Profile not Setting External IP) but no luck.

Basically, when I add the AWS node from my Kazoo instance via 'sup add_fs_node' command, the event connections don't happen and running a netstat shows a bunch of connections from Kazoo to Freeswitch's private IP in the SYN_SENT state (it should be ESTABLISHED):

tcp        0      1 <kazoo-ext-ip>:<port>     <freeswitch-priv-ip>:<port>     SYN_SENT    <pid>/beam.smp

So I'd like to understand if this is an issue with the freeswitch configuration at AWS or if it is something I should change on Kazoo.

In my freeswitch profile I set:

<param name="local-network-acl" value="nat.auto"/>
<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="$${external_rtp_ip}"/>
<param name="ext-sip-ip" value="$${external_sip_ip}"/>

I also tried not to set local-network-acl but the result is always the same, the connection on Kazoo's side is always in SYN_SENT state. Connections to SIP and Erlang ports are OK.

Can you give me a guidance on what I am missing to make things work?

Regards,

Luiz

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, @Mooseable

The issue I'm having is occurring exactly when I add the fs node to ecallmgr. For some reason I still don't understand, ecallmgr is trying to connect to the freeswitch's private IP on AWS instead of its public one, so it never establishes the events connections. It is something I probably need to change on the freeswitch configuration to communicate ecallmgr the right IP for the events, since everything else works.

Thanks!