KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

No audio for calls from outside LAN

airsay

@mc_ 

I have Kazoo on a Centos 7 box behind my ISP router. So definitely NATted. Softphones outside my network are able to register to the Kazoo box as I have open the following ports and forwarded them to the Kazoo box

1. 5060 (tcp and udp)
  2. 7000 (tcp and udp)
  3. 10,000 - 60,000 (udp)

I have red this  thread from 2018 and updated the sipinterface_1.xml (located at /etc/kazoo/freeswitch/sip_profiles/) as advised. But I still don't have audio for calls from softphones outside my LAN. 

Any advice is welcome

Finally fixed this using advise from here. I've also included a screenshot in the event that someone (or myself) comes in the future and the referenced link is down.

Long story short, you'd need to edit the following lines

listen=UDP_SIP
listen=TCP_SIP

at the very bottom of   /etc/kazoo/kamailio/local.cfg

to read

listen=UDP_SIP advertise YOUR_EXTERNAL_IP:5060
listen=TCP_SIP advertise YOUR_EXTERNAL_IP:5060

then restart kamailio with

systemctl restart kazoo-kamailio

Screenshot from 2023-05-04 04-52-34.png

This is a homelab test environment which is why I have the server behind a NAT. It  resolved audio issues for calls from extensions outside my LAN to extensions inside the LAN. Calls from  extensions inside the LAN to extensions outside the LAN still lack audio. Any pointers how to resolve this?

So with the above configuration, I have run into a problem and need some advise.

Calls from extensions outside the LAN to an extension inside the LAN have one way audio. The extension outside the LAN can hear the callee within the LAN but the callee inside the LAN does not hear the caller from outside the LAN.

Calls from extension inside the LAN to an extension outside the LAN have no audio both ways. 

Calls from extension outside the LAN to another extension outside the LAN also have no audio both ways

In both situations, calls doesn't hang up after 32 seconds.

On /etc/kazoo/freeswitch/sip_profiles/sipinterface_1.xml  I have the following settings.

<!-- SIP -->
<param name="sip-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4">
<param name="ext-sip-ip" value="MY_EXT_IP"/>

<!-- Media -->
<param name="rtp-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>
<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="MY_EXT_IP"/>

Completely lost on how to go on

Edited by airsay (see edit history)

22 hours ago, airsay said:

So with the above configuration, I have run into a problem and need some advise.

Calls from extensions outside the LAN to an extension inside the LAN have one way audio. The extension outside the LAN can hear the callee within the LAN but the callee inside the LAN does not hear the caller from outside the LAN.

Calls from extension inside the LAN to an extension outside the LAN have no audio both ways. 

Calls from extension outside the LAN to another extension outside the LAN also have no audio both ways

In both situations, calls doesn't hang up after 32 seconds.

On /etc/kazoo/freeswitch/sip_profiles/sipinterface_1.xml  I have the following settings.

<!-- SIP -->
<param name="sip-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4">
<param name="ext-sip-ip" value="MY_EXT_IP"/>

<!-- Media -->
<param name="rtp-ip" value="$${local_ip_v4}"/>
<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="MY_EXT_IP"/>

Completely lost on how to go on

Can you try by uncommenting  <param name="aggressive-nat-detection" value="true"/> ?