Please consider adding the Auto Provision Server URL to the Provisioner app.

Logicwrath

I would like to use the Yealink RPS server to drop ship handsets to my customers.  I enter in the MAC address into their website and it will correctly redirect to the Advanced Provisioner URL and configure the phone.

The problem is that the Advanced Provisioner does not set the server URL in the Auto Provision settings of the Yealink configuration.  Any changes I make to the devices configuration in the Advanced Priovisioner will not get applied at reboot because it is not configured and not checking-in after the first redirection from Yealink's RPS service.

It appears that I cannot use this RPS service correctly until the Advanced Provisioner sets that field.

Thanks!

Additionally, please also consider adding the Label Length field to the options.  I typically set this to Extended on the T46G otherwise it will cutoff anything longer than about 4 characters.

Yes, I can test this out no problem.  Also, I found an issue where the provisioner is not setting the second outbound proxy on my Yealink T46G's.  It will say that the correct setting is going to be inherited for the second server, but it will not show up.  It will also not configure it if you manually enter the second outbound proxy, versus letting it inherit.  

Not sure if that was on your bug list for this next release.  It requires us to manually update the outbound proxy in each phone, which negates using the provisioner for saving time.  I just tested this again last night.

Here is my experience.  I let the device get the defaults from Advanced Provisioner at both the account settings and the device level.  Reset T46G to default, autoprovision, and get a clean configuration.  Provision from http://p3.zswitch.net.
*.s.zswitch.net
us-central.p.zswitch.net

I then go into my mikrotik firewall create an address list blocking the us-central IP on the forward chain and completely disable the phone.  It will timeout, and then display invalid account because it is not getting the other servers back from DNS.  If I manually setup a second outbound proxy to us-east the phone and run the same test with the firewall the phone will almost immediately disconnect stop trying on us-central and failover to us-east.  I can also place a call within 10-15 seconds.

So how do I make the default configuration work without adding a second outbound proxy?  I assumed the NAPTR and SRV combo setup would force the phone to get the priority servers based on the main address you configured (us-central) however, using the default zswitch DNS and realm and advanced provisioner I am unable to fail over this T46G automatically when I block its connection to the single us-central proxy.

• Administrators
This is what I end up with:

And it appears to work perfectly? I will note that when I block the IP, it takes about 30 seconds for the phone to "give up" trying to reach the primary IP and then switch to the secondary.

Also, ignore the invalid port numbers above, they're not even used (I was trying to test that, and the test passed)

Sure.  That was with firmware 28.80.0.60.  I just upgraded to 28.80.0.95 and tried again.  I track all traffic with destination port 7000 in real time in the mikrotik.  Same thing.

The reason i said 10-15 seconds previously is because as soon as I block the IP I will try placing a call to see how quick it recovers.  If I have the second outbound proxy configured It will drop the call in 3-6 seconds the next call I place will typically go through.

I was also thinking if firmware versions become relevent for proper continuity should we consider letting the provisioner app automatically upgrade or downgrade firmware of the device to ensure it is in a supported state?  I believe this should be possible pretty easily and you would ensure that everyone using a specific model phone is in a supported firmware.  This is especially interesting when you think about drop shipping phones, you will really have no idea what firmware will come from the distributor.

You could always have an option to disable for people requiring specific firmware.l

• Administrators
I just tested this again. It works properly with the setup I screenshotted.

To test:
1. I setup the phone with only a single proxy
2. I placed a call, watched it go via us-central
3. I went onto our us-central server and blocked the IP/port
4. I placed another call. Watched it go to us-east, as it should have.

The behavior is correct and working. The firmware I'm on is the same as you.

• Administrators
Mar 19 05:12:26 SIP [530]: SUA <5+notice> [000] host=us-central.p.zswitch.net, transport=3, port=7000, family=2

Mar 19 05:12:26 SIP [530]: DNS <5+notice> [DNS] us-central.p.zswitch.net is not found in dns cache

Mar 19 05:12:26 SIP [530]: DNS <5+notice> [DNS] set DNS timeout=3000, tries=2

Mar 19 05:12:26 SIP [530]: DNS <5+notice> [DNS] About to query 'us-central.p.zswitch.net' IN A/AAAA

Mar 19 05:12:26 SIP [530]: DNS <5+notice> [DNS] dnsutils_dns_query succ !

Mar 19 05:12:26 SIP [530]: SUA <5+notice> [000] DNS query:Successful completion

It's not even trying DNS-SRV. transport=3 hmmmm.... Can you try changing the port number to 0?