Outbound Fax Error to Email - Not Receiving Them

We have the Outbound Fax Error to Email template enabled.  We have it set to send to the original user and a comma separated list of specific users.  I set the faxbox retries to 0 on a demo account so I could test this out.

We are not receiving outbound fax error emails in the following conditions:

1. OUTGOING_CALL_BARRED
2. The call dropped prematurely

I tried manually creating a PDF that was 17"x11" so I could force a fax failure to see if we would receive the error email when the receiving party did not accept the size of the fax but, the fax went through successfully and it was received at 8.5" x 11".  

Did you guys adjust the PDF processing portion to resize the PDF before sending it?  If you did adjust the pre-processing, are you allowing "legal size" (8.5x14)?

I am trying to figure out how to force a fax error so I can see if we are receiving the fax errors in other conditions.

All things considered I am testing this because we need to know when we will receive an outbound fax error to email.  Ideally, we would receive an email anytime a fax did not go through.

The 2 examples in the numbered list above did not create an error email and both of those cases need an error email.

• 2600Hz Employees
Hi,

you should receive an email anytime a fax did not go through, which is not the same as any fax attempt.
maybe your template is broken or some bug in the fax/teletype.
are you hosted with 2600hz ?