Yealink 81.0.110 First Impressions on T46G

Rick Guyton

I'm testing the 81.0.110 firmware and I wanted to give you all a first impression.

1) Ohhhh, finally this screen area is actually getting use. The primary account display name now scrolls across the top line here.

2) All I ever really used this area for was to display the name of the phone. Now, it's a freed up programmable button I can do anything I want with!!

3) BLF status now shows as a RED dot in the icon AND on the DSS button light.

4) Ok, I got a little number happy, this just shows BLF in idle (green)

5) Park icon is new and more representative of the function now. This is showing a parking spot in use

6) Got number happy again, this is a parking spot that's idle.

I'm pretty happy with it all so far. I've had a couple dozen phones on this F/W for a few days now with no negative feedback. The only thing I've found that I don't love is they now have an inactivity screen saver that comes on like after something like a minute or two of inactivity. As far as firmware flaws go, that's pretty easy to overlook.

Also, the parking issue from 80.0.130 doesn't seem to be an issue. Need to confirm this on a few more phones though...

Screenshot.png.c5ae51eefa55d72cf5a49330a9ca3a48.png

• 5 months later...