Ultra Wideband Phone Handsets

Logicwrath

Hello,

I am not satisfied with G722 and Yealink's 16Khz opus implementation.  Is anyone aware of any handsets that offer ultra wideband support?  The Bria softphone for example implements 48 Khz opus.  This sounds much better.  Are there any handsets out there with better audio codecs.  

I believe Polycom might be the phone too look at.  I am trying to figure out which phones support the best wideband codecs.  It looks like the VVX 500 supports 722.1 and 722.1C which might be significantly better.  Does it get better than this?  Which phones support the best codecs?  Which models should I be investigating?

Is there another play besides Polycom building phones with ultra wideband audio?

Any help or advice is appreciated.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Logicwrath said:

I just spoke with someone at one of our distributors who suggested that Yealink will be unlocking better versions of their OPUS codec sometime this fall in a firmware update.  This is great news and I hope it ends up sounding much better.

Thanks for the followup! 

es