Page Group

Jack Noe

Hi i have a customer requesting 2 features related to page group.

1- Wants a group page, where he can page a group of users, & when paging the group, he wants that if one of the users are on the phone, the page should still connect with the user's phone's speaker, so the person receiving the live page will continue talking on the phone with the receiver, and the live page will at the same time connect to his speaker. 

2-  Wants to page a group with an announcement, for example Joe pick up the phone, and when Joe picks up the phone he wants to end the live page and start a phone conversation with Joe. 
So when paging a group, he wants that the person picking up the phone should connect with the pager automatically or with 1 button.
Instead of asking Joe in the live page, call me etc. he wants to connect with Joe when he picks up the live page.

any suggestion ?

• Administrators

Both these items would need to be features the phone itself supports. The first one I've never heard of a phone supporting, though it may exist, because you are actually opening two calls at the same time, and outputting audio on two different components on the phone at the same time. I don't know of any phones that will do that.

The second one is also tricky - the phone has to acknowledge / send to the server when the handset is lifted, or automatically go on mute when on speaker and off mute when lifted. I don't know of any phones that will do that, either.

As far as I know this has no relevance to any software running on the server side.