Receptionist Handset

mds

Hello,

We are about to embark on a rollout of a 2600hz based (reseller badged) system in the UK. We have trialled Yealink handsets and have been pretty happy with them. However, one of the gaps in Yealink's portfolio is a "traditional" receptionist phone that features a BLF facility. So, I'm looking for recommendations for 2 things: A handset that has suitable functionality for a receptionist - BLF the key feature - AND - a software BLF that doesn't cost the earth! We've seen Dialplate which is OK if a bit 1995, but would like to hear what others are using....

Many Thanks!

Hello,

Welcome.

I believe the official answer regarding BLF software will be something like using an iPad/Android tablet and 2600hz's operator console.  I believe there is a free and paid version of this.  It uses web sockets for real time updates and the paid version allows call control as far as I know.  You could also just run this on your PC in a second monitor as it is just a web page.

I recommend you open a ticket to get sandbox access so you can demo the application and other stuff.

52 minutes ago, Logicwrath said:

Hello,

Welcome.

I believe the official answer regarding BLF software will be something like using an iPad/Android tablet and 2600hz's operator console.  I believe there is a free and paid version of this.  It uses web sockets for real time updates and the paid version allows call control as far as I know.  You could also just run this on your PC in a second monitor as it is just a web page.

I recommend you open a ticket to get sandbox access so you can demo the application and other stuff.

Thanks for the reply and the welcome! 

Unfortunately, as I understand it, we cannot get hold of the 2600hz solutions/Apps as we are procuring the platform via a reseller here in the UK. 

@mds

Yealink does have the ability to add expansion boards with BLF capabilities, and you can provision the keys within the advanced provisioner to use BLF. We have dozens of clients using a T48S with 2 EXP40 Expansion boards and the BLF's programmed this way..

If you have any questions on setting this up let me know. I will get you some screenshots of the setup.. The actual expansion boards can be found on amazon at https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yealink-EXP40-Expansion-Module-Black/dp/B00JVSKMX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518645924&sr=8-1&keywords=exp40

(That UK link should be good if not just look up EXP40 on amazon.)