Callflows is an application that exposes our APIs in a GUI format, enabling very complex and custom call routing plans when needed. It is used in addition to the SmartPBX app to supplement the basic call routing configurations available there. See the user stories below as examples:
An account has multiple geographic locations and needs to create
- Unique office hours and holiday schedules
- Different language defaults
- Different answering notices depending on incoming call source and time of day
- A series of sub-menus and selections (press 1 for support, then 2 for apps and 3 for service issues)
- An account wants to set up multiple call center queues (for support and sales for example)
- An account wants to customize incoming call sequences based on unique variables, such as phone number, holidays, etc.
- An account wants to route incoming fax calls based on time of day or prepend number
Before You Start
Before you start to implement custom callflows, confirm your settings in SmartPBX.
This will ensure you have the newest fields and settings configured for your account.
In addition the Callflows application accesses and writes settings data that can affect many other applications. It is important the manager working with Callflows has a strong knowledge of how these applications work together and what ripple effects can occur when working with and changing these settings.
Once your account is created in SmartPBX, go to the applications menu and select Callflows.
If it’s not displayed,
- Try searching for it in the Search Apps field to your left.
- Select the App Exchange button, find Callflows there, and select it. Then use the toggle to enable it.
- If you still don’t see it, contact your system administrator.
Your Callflows Dashboard
The “home page” to the Callflows dashboard will look like this. The large Callflows selection brings you to the home screen where you can build a callflow. The smaller selections help define attributes for each “flow.” You can access them here, or when you select one of these actions, by picking Edit / Advanced options.
Building a Callflow
When you click on Callflows you will see a brief tutorial for creating a new process and to the left a list of existing callflows assigned to your account and the option to add a new one.