Door Bell conflicting with internal ring tone

Jack Noe

Hi all.

I have phones set up with internal and external ring tones on Yealink T29as follows:

image.png.223311a5055d5ed9a7178d628b21100c.png

image.png.720dc3619cc8e1b6a3fcf038ae24ff28.png

But the problem is that the customer wants a special ring tone for the doorbell for when it rings to the phone.

What we usually do, is add the sip user name of the doorbell to the directory of the phone and select a ring tone as follows:

image.png.1ed05d274b5ed102156bc0d20d6c9e69.png

The problem is that the internal ring tone setting ill overwrite the doorbell in the directory, so when the doorbell will ring the phone with the internal ring.

Any solution for this?

Thanks 

39 minutes ago, Baze said:

We just put in a commit to allow ring tones to be selected from a callflow, however you might have to remove the internal/external from the device, because that would likely override this.  I'll see if I can track down the commit.

Here is the commit for the backend.  Looks like we didn't do a PR on the front end; I've asked our team to get that added, so should be merged shortly after that.  https://github.com/2600hz/kazoo/commit/3a75fa9531a721412beb2f78fd75d1f34cc716d8#diff-9dc4e41be30a38fa6bae368a6bc08846

I tested this and the Yealink directory entry overrides the alert-info header settings. In other words, the phone should be using the ring-tone of the directory entry not the ones configured using "Ring." Make sure that you have the phone number correct when entering the directory entry. I believe that's how it distinguishes the entry. 

@Baze having a customizable alert-info header in a callflow would be great. Thanks!