Process to change the core Kazoo function names

Srikant

Hi , 

I am new to KAZOO and gone through the code from Git , i want to rename some of the methods from  "core" as per my interest , and i have used Eclipse IDE to configure the Kazoo Code and after i renamed the .erl file the references in other places pointing to that .erl file is not refreshed automatically , In Such case it would be very difficult for me check and change the references , so is there any way in the IDE , where after changing the file names the references will be automatically changed like it happens for the JAVA and other languages 

For Eg: i want to rename the file "kazoo\core\kazoo_config\src\kazoo_config_init.erl" to "kazoo_configuration_local_init.erl" then the references pointing to "kazoo_config_init.erl" in other locations should be automatically reflected with the change what i did 

Please suggest me so that it would make my life easier 

• 2600Hz Employees

`make xref` from the root directory will check that called modules exist and throw errors for mismatches. As for how to integrate that into Eclipse, I only know of Erlide that may help you with Erlang code.

However, I question the renaming - you're setting yourself up for a lot of work to maintain your changes for minimal value (speaking personally). But if you're good with that, you do you :)

I would never recommend you to change the existing code unless you want to rewrite your code when a new version comes out the best method to make any change is write your own module and reference that for anywhere you want to. the core methods can keep on calling the existing modules. I can recommend the path you are taking in java or similar languages but not here.