Direct SIP Calls with Kazoo

If SIP phone not registered on any SIP server (Kazoo), then this phone stand alone.

You have two standalone phones.
You want make call between this phones.
You can do it. Try looks phone management web interface.

What you expect from Kazoo?
How you expect kazoo can manage standalone phones?

I want to be able to call my SIP phone (connected to Kazoo) through SIP URI instead of the extension number.

eg customercare@mypublicip:5060   instead of just 101, 102,.....

This SIP URI should be able to receive external calls from other SIP phones ( maybe from another Company )

3cx has such features here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/direct-sip/

• 2600Hz Employees

@chinext its a good question and the short answer is no, KAZOO as-is doesn't support this use case. I'm assuming here that you mean a SIP device unknown to KAZOO sends an INVITE to to KAZOO for customercare@sip.realm.net and expects it to be routed.

You ask about `customercare@publicip:5060` but there's no way to associate `customercare@publicip` with an account in KAZOO. Because KAZOO is a multi-tenant environment you need some kind identifier (a DID or an account's SIP realm) to identify the call as being for a particular account. KAZOO allows you to define carriers and add those carrier(s)' IPs to your ACLs to allow inbound calls from them. You then need to setup the DIDs in the database to be assigned to an account. Since `customercare` is not a DID it isn't searched for to associate with an account. Additionally, it is not "unique" so how would you handle two accounts defining a "customercare" callflow?

Bigger picture, why can't your callers come through an authenticated portal of some kind? Why are they initiating calls to `customercare` and how are they doing so?

@mc_ thanks so much.

Am not interested in the multi Tenancy part (My setup will have only one Tenant)

check this sip URI:  wbdemo@conf.zipdx.com    if you dial this sip URI from a sip client like MizuDroid, you will be connected to an IVR system

This is the kind of system am trying to build, let say I have extension 101, 102, 103,... and my sip realm is calldesk.com each extension matches the following sip URI 101@calldesk.com, 102@calldesk.com, 103@calldesk.com,  ....

if someone calls 101@calldesk.com from any SIP client( not registered in my Kazoo setup) it should ring extension 101 so on .....   I will think about the security later but is there alternative to KAZOO that can handle such

Thank