How to add existing caller to a dynamic conference

Hi  @mc_

Currently i am trying to validate one scenario and i ma stuck at below situation

Initially i am calling to a configured number which plays me media using pivot in kazoo , then i am dynamically creating a conference and adding other number in the conference , Now the situation is i am trying to add the initial Callee who is no listening to the music to the dynamic conference which i created 

How can i link the callee in to the conference without dropping the existing call or redialing to the number

I have gone through all the documents but i didn't understand how to relate this , I also checked the "relate participants " but this is regarding the participants who are alredy on the conference

Can you please guide me towards the right direction so that i can work on those things

Thanks

Srikant V

Hi mc_ ,

Thanks for your response ,  I Mean the person calling to the toll free number , The method which you suggested "put the callee (caller) into the conference with hold music " , Here i am trying to create a dynamic conference and once the conference is created then only the id will be generated and i have to put the caller details on to that id 

and for the first approach , can you please let me know if there are any samples so that i can try out some and check if that is feasible , I tried to go through kazoo documents of conference  but there they haven't provided any scenario like i mentioned

https://github.com/2600hz/kazoo/blob/master/applications/crossbar/doc/conference.md

Thanks

Srikant V

Edited by Srikant (see edit history)

Hi mc_

The current scenario is i want to pull in the existing call in to a dynamically created conference where some other participants will be added and they will be talking to each other

but i am not able to add the existing call ( person who calls in ) to the dynamically crated conference without call drop 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mc_,

When trying to add the caller to the conference using channels API + metaflows to initiate a transfer of the callee's leg to the conference. As suggested by you earlier

I am getting as "Channel not bridged" error 

The process which i followed is 

1) i have created a dynamic conference with some name "conference1"

2) Caller is trying to call to the number which will play some music when connected 

3) trying to add that caller to the conference using the below 

{ "data": 
       { "action": "transfer",
         "target": "conference1",
         "transfer_type":"attended"
       }}

Where target is the conference name which i created earlier and i have also tried giving "target" value  with different parameters of the conference as below 

GET :- http://localhost:8000/v2/accounts/:Account_id/channels/

{
    "data": [
        {
            "answered"true,
            "authorizing_id""63748802689-fefb279a",
            "authorizing_type""conference",
            "callee_id_name""919160681234",
            "callee_id_number""+919160681234",
            "caller_id_name""Conference",
            "caller_id_number""+919160681234",
            "channel_authorized""true",
            "custom_application_vars""",
            "destination""919160681234",
            "direction""outbound",
            "elapsed_s"15,
            "from_tag""325yQep1Um7pg",
            "interaction_id""63748803758-7070b996",
            "is_loopback"true,
            "is_onhold"false,
            "loopback_leg_name""A",
            "loopback_other_leg""95a8490e-4e3f-11ea-b2c4-4965ca0b9069",
            "reseller_id""30b1b0b598268e8daad1e6cb02536377",
            "resource_id""368309d51427d23a7975286ef39a7039",
            "timestamp"63748803759,
            "to_tag""sansay12833rdb25",
            "uuid""95f6daf6-4e3f-11ea-b2da-4965ca0b9069"
        }
    ]

Please let me know why it is not connecting to the conference or are there any additional setting which need to be done

Thanks
Srikant V
Edited by Srikant (see edit history)

• 2600Hz Employees

Nope, there's no "target" (which is basically a callflow extension/number) named conference1 so it won't work. You could transfer to "target":"pick-conference" then create a callflow with "numbers":["pick-conference"] and a "flow":{"module":"pivot",...} that will call out to your server. You do your logic, realize the caller needs to be connected to "conference1" so you return {"module":"conference", "data":{"config":{"name":"conference1"}}}

Something along those lines should get you where you want to go.

Hi Mc , 

I appreciate your time for resolving my issues , just wanted to know that Is there a way where i can create a dynamic conference and add the caller also to that created conference in once step, As i can do that in two steps right now but just wanted to know is there any option where we can do these two steps in a single request, Even i have tried to join these two requests in one using children also but it is not working

I mean creating a conference and adding a participant in same single step , please let me know if any thing i need to change or add in my existing approach

Thanks

Srikant V

• 2600Hz Employees

You can use the conferences API to dial out to the participant - this will create the conference if not already running and put the callee into it in one step.

But you can't create dynamic conferences with a statically defined callflow - you need Pivot to help you return the conference callflow JSON with the conference name you want to use.

Perhaps if you tell us more about your logic for how you name the conferences, maybe there's a way to do it?