API_Pivot - basic training

esoare

I am finding the need,  more and more, to dive into API's and Pivot server/functionality. 

While it is amazing all the things that can  be done through the Kazoo platform, the hurdle for someone to "dabble learn / make" something useful seems harsh. 

Is there anyone willing to do a basic  API / Pivot training session?

Are there any others interested in this? 

"Hit thumbs Up" to show your interest! 

esoare

Edited by esoare
changed the dablle (see edit history)

• 2600Hz Employees

Are you looking for improved docs?

https://docs.2600hz.com/dev/applications/pivot/doc/kazoo/

https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/install/configure_kazoo/

Are you looking for live training where something is built and you have an instructor to bounce questions off of?

What's lacking in the above docs that is preventing you getting started? Or what was unclear? Suggestions for improvement?

While I understand live instruction can be a boon, it is also not the most scalable (only those attending really benefit). Would a video tutorial of the basics suffice?

Any tutorials you've done in the past (videos or articles) that really nailed getting you started?

Also, how to identify where you (generic you) are starting from is really hard. For instance, a recent post asking how to do things outside of SmartPBX led me to believe the person was familiar with cURL or postman which turned out to be a false assumption. I've led KAZOO installation and management trainings (designed for sysadmins familiar with Linux) where folks joined who only knew Windows (and not sysadmin-ing of Windows)...what should the trainer do in that situation? Identifying the prerequisite skills for a training, and communicating those to potential trainees isn't always easy. We assume a lot of our knowledge is known by others because "its obvious" or "how could someone *not* know this" :)

All this to say, I would love to improve the ability for folks to get comfortable using the APIs, Pivot, websockets, etc. But I believe I'm too far gone from beginner status on those things that I don't know what you all don't know, if that makes sense :) So I'd love feedback on what's missing from the docs as well as concrete suggestions for what to add (those docs are all backed by git repos on Github - which again is an implicit assumption that someone with suggestions will 1. have a github account 2. be able to edit the doc in question 3. be able to submit a PR to change things).