KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Adjusting config of phones you can't get into

Mitch

I may have overlooked this, but is there a way to modify the config of a yealink phone through advance provisioner?  Example:  I have several phones that I need to kill DND for.  If I can get into them, I can dump the config, add the line needed, and upload back to the phone, but is there a way to do this using advanced provisioner for phones that are on a VLAN that I cannot access remotely?

Thanks for any input

Provided you have the ability to serve web pages over the Internet, you can create an XML file to support the functions you want to change and serve it on your web server. The option to retrieve the file is in Advanced Provisioner under Settings | Custom Config File URL.  Please consider to never store credentials or personal information in that file. 

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 2:14 PM, esoare said:

@Mitch Welcome to the world of Yealink Custom Configs!!! 

Are you looking for a step by step on how to add/make changes via configs, so that the phone gets it's programming, versus you getting into the web interface every time? 

esoare

@esoare, looking for some direction on how to setup a server to host yealink configs for retrieval. Need to change more features than advanced provisioner offers. I know there's a custom config URL field but I'm not sure what sort of protocol, server etc would be required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

@Olaolu Abiodun The first step is to research were to purchase web hosting space as there are many hosting companies. Hosting companies offer low-cost shared hosting and many have virtual machines where you can standup your own web server. It's hard to say which company to recommend as most are pretty good with serving simple XML files. Secondly, you will need to read the Yealink guide on XML configuration to better understand how these files are constructed and what to change. Yealink provides sample XML files and you can even download a rather comprehensive one directly from Advanced Provisioner with all the settings you entered in the interface. If you are not familiar with all this and still need assistance, my company offers consulting.