KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Forum changes feedback checkin!

Forum changes feedback please!   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Overall, is the new organization working for you?

• 2600Hz Employees

Hi all, I wanted to do a quick check-in on the recent forum changes and organization! Leave a vote, and I would super appreciate it if you left your thoughts on why you voted how you did! 

Thanks,

Dan

• 2600Hz Employees
20 hours ago, KNERD said:

I would think getting Kazoo version 5  out would be a higher priority than changing the theme of a forum which I have seen nobody complaining about.

Hi KNERD, thanks for the feedback! I personally am not working on anything engineering-related, as I am the community manager and am the only one working on these forum changes, but I can tell you all the engineering team is hard at work on many things unrelated to these forums. And true enough, the old "if it ain't broke" line of thinking was definitely considered, but we're hoping to trial these changes out for a better long-term outcome in terms of user experience; we do have the ability to revert though if it comes to that! Again, thanks for the input here, anytime someone speaks their mind here is very much appreciated! 

I think the new system is great. It would be nice if you had a section in the PAID Client section where it posts the Question and Answer from support tickets of issues that are applicable to Hosted/GC/PC clients. (Just block out the names and person info) I'm sure there a tons of questions that are asked of support that many paid users are wondering and it would save us the client from having to submit a ticket if its answered there and save the time of the support agent from having to answer repetitive questions. As well as having some of the more specific questions that could be useful to all hosted/pc/gc clients. 

49 minutes ago, Skunkbeard said:

I think the new system is great. It would be nice if you had a section in the PAID Client section where it posts the Question and Answer from support tickets of issues that are applicable to Hosted/GC/PC clients. (Just block out the names and person info) I'm sure there a tons of questions that are asked of support that many paid users are wondering and it would save us the client from having to submit a ticket if its answered there and save the time of the support agent from having to answer repetitive questions. As well as having some of the more specific questions that could be useful to all hosted/pc/gc clients. 

Agree, this will be a huge PLUS.

• 2600Hz Employees
20 hours ago, Skunkbeard said:

This is a fantastic suggestic suggestion, and it's actually something we've thought about in one capacity or another as part of our ongoing knowledge base efforts! I really like the idea of integrating this into the community and forums, for the opportunity to have the community be able to comment and discuss these kinds of posts and build upon them, a sort of living knowledge base! Thank you for this, I'm going to take this to my team and have a dialogue about it and evaluate what we can do with this suggestion, much appreciated again. 

• Administrators
On 6/20/2022 at 7:50 AM, Skunkbeard said:

So this would be an insane level of work if we did it for all our tickets and the honest truth is that the vast majority of the tickets simply aren't applicable outside that particular client and often even outside that particular instance even. Though, most of @Skunkbeard's tickets would probably be useful for most. He asks really good questions TBH. 😀 So, with that all said, support has a "This week I learned" meeting T(w)IL every week. Basically everyone on support's expected to bring things they've learned pretty regularly to the group and share. There's only three rules:

1) It has to be something THEY learned even if they think/know everyone else already knows

2) Everyone needs to be supportive of others. Absolutely no "you didn't know that" junk

3) Everyone has to keep learning new stuff

As long as the community is good with keeping that spirit, I think this could be awesome. We don't have any "newbies" in support right now so all the topics are generally going to be pretty advanced. We've got two years of archives though. So, we could maybe do a public summary of the current and a past week and post them. Maybe round robin the task among the support team... Hmmm... Probably need the Support Manager's sign off. What think @Ryan?