Voicemails & Emails - Are they stored in a database for a small time period?

Logicwrath

In most cases clients are interested in having their voice mails emailed to them instead of having to manage the voice mail box on the phone system.  If there is an issue where a 2600hz SMTP server gets blacklisted or some other kind of delivery issue, is there a way to re-send voice mail messages that did not get delivered?  

I do not have a current issue, I am just thinking ahead.  When I was managing my own multi-tenant PBX, I had an issue similar to this at one point.  I was thankfully able to pull the raw emails out of the database and deliver them.  Is there any kind of safeguard like this in place on Kazoo?

As far as I know, they're 100% totally gone after they are sent. We've had this issue a few times where clients' email providers blocked 2600hz servers and the voicemails were unfortunately lost forever. Our clients were incredibly irritated and upset of course.

If this has changed, please feel free to correct me though.

We have noticed that under certain conditions like teletype not being started for example, it will auto failover and just deliver to the phone mailbox if set to delete, but agreed on above.  Nothing worse than the call from a client when their voicemail is gone and it's because you typo'd their email address. ;)